When is the best time of the year for me to visit the United Kingdom?

I am most comfortable when the outdoor temperature is around 23 C. What months of the year has temperature that is around 23 C?

I am planning to visit all areas of the UK.

Favorite Answer

Middle of May through to around middle of September..... though it can just as easily drop down to around 55°F (12.7°C) for weeks at a time during that period too... comfortable enough with a sweatshirt + a fleece jacket.

I remember a few summers ago (can't remember the exact year, maybe 2014) around June it'd been warm for weeks, then all of a sudden the temperatures dropped off massively for a couple of weeks to the point where you could see steam coming off your breath at 6/7pm.

• John P

Summer months. But note frequent changes even in the summer months. Two months ago I had lunch outside on my patio for 3 days running, and also recently, but we are expecting rain and cool winds soon. Keep a sweater or fleece jacket with you!

• Clive

Temperature is unpredictable at any time, so nothing can be guaranteed, but you'll want to come in summer. July or August would be best. Unfortunately this is also the most expensive time as children will be on school summer holiday so it's the best time for British families to get away too.

• RR

From June until the end of August. However, you can never guarantee British weather. Some summers can be cool and wet with temperatures barely in the 20C's. Some can be hot and dry with temperature on some days above 30C

When the temperature is 23, they put out heat wave warnings. Although I have been there when the temperature was in the high 30s, it is rare when it gets over 20.

• Adrian7 months agoReport

You clearly haven't been in London /South during summer!

• Maxi

You can never guarantee the weather or temperature in the UK regardless of time of year....late spring ( now) to early autumn ( September) is more likely but you never know

June to September

July or August would be the best months. It is 21°C where I am now. Saying that, the forecast is for 12°C on Saturday, that's the British weather for you.