promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsCycling · 11 months ago

Why is my new BMX hard to pedal?

I just a new bmx and noticed its a bit hard to pedal, I tried loosening the chain a little bit but it didn t do anything.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

There are any number of reasons why your bike is difficult to pedal from mechanical problems to the gearing on the bike. Not knowing which specific BMX you bought, any answer you get here will be a guess. David and Old Hippie both suggest that you take your bike to the retailer where you bought it and ask that they check it over under warranty. If the store where you bought it has no repair shop you will either have to return it or take it to a dealer that does bike repairs. Attempting to repair it yourself could make things worse and also void any warranty that you have

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • David
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

The way you write make is seem like you've had BMXes before.

One easy option is simply that this bike has another gearing ratio than the ones you're used to. Harder to get going, more top speed before spinning out.

Count the teeth, front and back, and compare.

Apart from that, as OH says, unless it's a really obvious and easy fix, like a wheel sitting crooked in the frame and rubbing, bring it back and let the shop deal with it.

• 11 months ago

Every time someone has a problem with a new bicycle, my response is the same. If it's new, it's under WARRANTY! Don't mess with it. Don't try to take it apart. This may actually VOID the warranty. If you bought it at a REAL bicycle shop (not a discount store) take it back. They'll find & fix any problems FREE of charge. If it was an internet sale, contact both the seller & the bike manufacturer. They'll most likely have a list of authorized bike shops you can take it to. Any parts needed (if any) will be covered under warranty. You may or may not be responsible for labor cost - depending on the repair.

If you bought it at a discount store...you're SOL (Sh*t Out of Luck). They do NOT service what they sell. The best you can hope for is a refund or exchange, providing you still have the sales receipt.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.