Why do japanese separate the servings of the meals in different bowls and do they eat in-between meal snacks?

In a restaurant I see why one would keep the meat away from the starch, beans and vegetables, but at home? It just increases unecessarily the number of dishes we have to wash. Then the snack thing, I've been told they don't, at least the healthy-eating individuals. This wouldn't make much sense considering how little they eat in each of the three daily meals.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

In all depends. In a Buddhist temple the tradition is each monk has but one bowl and he eats every single grain of rice before the bowl gets filled with tea.

• 4 months ago

The hate the foods touching each other like I hate baked beans touching on my hash browns

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Japan people eat with their mouth like me and you

EAT A BIG MAC . WORLDWIDE.

• 7 months ago

It might be their culture.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

That's just for show at gatherings. In private they eat tacos and crisps out of the bag like the rest of us.

• 7 months ago

I don't know why but they have their reasons.

• james
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Each dish is to be attractive. Set on the table in a certain way. Very traditional. Fixed just right. In better more formal placed to eat. Yes they eat between meals. That is changing in most places. With fast food service.

• Sea
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

This mainly dome with a dipping sauce, rice and soup and yes sometimes a single dish is served on two plates. These flavors are spectacular in my book it has been one of my favorite ethnic cuisines to experiment with.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's just their culture I watched a YouTube video and when you order fast food in Japan you can't say you want it a certain way they think if you didn't want it why did you order it? You have to pick out the food you don't like if it comes with that certain dish or whatever.

• 7 months ago

best ppl

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.