Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionReality Television · 7 months ago

True or False: VH1 was a way better music station than MTV back in 90's and 2000's?

Favorite Answer

True. I loved VH-1 during the 90's and early 2000's, they had so much more variety than MTV had. Pop-Up Video, Behind The Music, the 70s and 80s theme weeks - those were all must-see TV for me. When MTV started phasing out their music content, I knew I could always go to VH-1 to find something music related. Now, unfortunately, VH-1 is just as horrible as their sister station. The last thing I watched on there that I really enjoyed was the I Love The 70's/80's/90's series and that was over 10 years ago. Now I just watch MTV Classic. Such a shame...

They were somewhat more musically diverse.

True, and it still a better station.

• Kathy

Not really

True

True. It was a spin-off of MTV. I remember when MTV first went on the air. It was all the rage, and their content matched the name of the channel; Music. I don't know when the last time was MTV actually played any music videos. It's silly that they moved the music videos to the other channels so that they could air trashy shows instead. Apparently, viewers like the crap, otherwise, why would MTV still be on the air?