Rayan asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 6 months ago

My files got encrypted!?

Hello, so my files got encrypted and i don t know what to do! i have no restore points, and i have some really important files on there. What do i do???? please help

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sorry to hear that

• 6 months ago

What device is it?usually things happen and users accidentally press encrypt device or if it's android galaxy s7 that encrypts when powered off you might have to factory rest.if you know how tho you should hack it.but try asking like the maker for help or troubleshooting.

• 6 months ago

You are 100% going to prison

• Dick
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Your best bet and easiest thing to do is take that hard drive out of the laptop and put it into a desktop as a 2nd hard drive. In this way your hard drive doesn't boot any malicious programs and you should be able to access it as a D: drive, or whatever the drive letter is, and copy the files you want to save to a flash drive. Hope this helps!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Pay up.

• 6 months ago

Try creating a restore point

Start

Create a restore point

Create tab

Note: when adding a restore point, add a name to remember before the date so it will show up, like enclosed example

John 2/2/2019 11:30AM

• art
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

this is why its so important to backup everything, if those files were so important why did you not save a quick copy of them onto a usb stick or an external hard disk.

if its ransomware and the files are irreplacable then sometimes its worth it to pay the ransom

• cosmo
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Is this ransomware? And you don't have a backup? You'll have to pay and hope the bad guys send you the decryption key.

• Rayan6 months agoReport

it was just a *fake* program that i thought was legit.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A good place to start would telling us how they got encrypted

Edit: Sounds like ransomware, pretty screwed. You might promoted to pay to decrypt them but often they don’t decrypt them after payment.

• Rayan6 months agoReport

So, i got a file that i thought was safe. It was a fake version of the real one. I opened the file, and... my files got encrypted.

• 6 months ago

Re-boot the computer

• rob6 months agoReport

Find the recovery disk, and follow the instruction to recover your pc

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.