Is it wrong for non-children to order off the kids menu?

This isn't like a huge deal, I'm just generally curious. I went to a chain restaurant with my mom and a family friend last night. I'm a vegetarian on top of being a picky eater, so there aren't exactly a lot of options for me. lol. The only thing speaking to me was a grilled cheese off of the... show more This isn't like a huge deal, I'm just generally curious.

I went to a chain restaurant with my mom and a family friend last night. I'm a vegetarian on top of being a picky eater, so there aren't exactly a lot of options for me. lol.

The only thing speaking to me was a grilled cheese off of the kids menu. We ordered our food and drinks together and my option was fine until I ordered alcohol as my beverage and waiter was aware of. my age (I look14).

Once he saw I was born in 1998 he said I couldn't order from the kids menu which just seemed like BS, especially since he was gonna serve me before. I got kind of anxious after that and just ordered a salad on the spot (that I did not really enjoy :( )

Has this ever happened to anyone? Seems weird to deny paying customers meals? Like I just wanted a grilled cheese lol