Do conservatives support the new Ohio law which is forcing an 11-year old girl to bear her rapist's baby?

An 11-year-old rape victim in northwestern Ohio is pregnant, according to news reports, and a highly restrictive state law on abortion signed last month says a girl in her position must carry and deliver her rapist’s baby.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/eric-zorn/c...

The Supreme Court said that states may not place an "undue burden" on a woman's right to an abortion. "Undue burden" has been found in cases of spousal consent and REQUIRING WOMEN TO TRAVEL TO ANOTHER STATE.

• LilyRT
    Favorite Answer

I consider myself a conservative but I'm for a rape, incest, life of the mother exception. she shouldn't have to leave the state.

• Zhu

You can always count in the Legislature to do seething stupid. Probably there'll be lots of exceptions for the rich & connected.

republicans are heartless psychos

That’s illegal and gone to far rapist don’t have rights

Was her rapist charged?

I am one and I do not !!! Rapists should be shot, period !!!

• Prince

No-one should be forced to bear her rapist's seed. That goes against my most basic instincts of what "freedom" in a "free country" means.

• Nick

Don’t forget Georgia signed a bill banning abortion after a heartbeat is detected.

It is totally unsafe for an undeveloped child that young to have an abortion.

• hooo10 months agoReport

If this wasn't just a lie or political stunt she could start a gofundme and get $50,000 in 6 hours to kill her baby after a 1 hour car trip.

This is the fault of lawmakers but it makes me wonder why if they know the girl was raped they didn't act sooner. The law prevents abortion after 10 weeks if I'm not mistaken. Anyway I am a Conservative and I'm against abortion in most instances but this is wrong.

• wombatfreaks

the group Georgia Right to Life even rescinded its support for the Georgia abortion ban due to an exception being made for rape and incest victims