How do I know if I need a new subwoofer or amplifier?

My 04 TL subwoofer doesn’t put out any bass and my front driver speaker in the door doesn’t work at all. The rest of the speakers work fine. So does my amplifier need replacing or should I just replace the subwoofer and speaker. Btw I would be replacing the sub and speaker with oem factory parts.

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

As the other speakers work it's got to be the sub woofer and speaker that have blown, no doubt by your insistence in playing excessively loud music through them to the intense annoyance of other road users. Why babies like you feel the need to do this is a mystery to me, would you like it if I went out of my way to annoy you?

1 year ago

Never replace blindly. Always troubleshoot first instead of guessing. This isn't rocket science unless you've never heard of a multi-meter and don't know how to use one. You can test your door speaker resistance to see if it is shorted and you can test the leads to see if it is getting any voltage when playing. You should also just check the connections and be sure they haven't come loose.

It's hard to fathom what you mean by saying 'My 04 TL subwoofer doesn’t put out any bass'. Since all subwoofers do is play bass below the low pass filter setting, do you mean you're not getting any sound at all or you're only getting weak bass? Until you clarify we cannot help you on that one, but you might at least test the sub the same as the dead door speaker. .

1 year ago

Don't let any person borrow your vehicle.

• 1 year ago

Things break. They can be tested. This forum can't test them for you.

1 year ago

probably when it doesnt work anyrnore