Long Distance Relationship, I’m 22 she’s 29?

Me and my girlfriend have been together for almost a year , we are in a long distance relationship she lives in DC I live in Miami , I met on a plane last year , I’m 22 she’s 29 , I manage and automotive center , have no college degree making 50k (which is pretty good for my age) she’s got her masters and makes nearly 110k , she’s got her life figured out , rencently purchased a home , I still live at home with my moms , uncertain of what I wanna do in the future , thinking about going back to school or starting a business , but trips to visit her every month are expensive, and her lifestyle is way more expensive what I can afford , she want me to move to DC with her and get an apartment, but I would live paycheck to paycheck ... I love DC and plan on maybe Moving there one day ... but not now ...now living with my mom I’m able to save a good amount that I plan on using for school ,on top of that we argue a lot about nonsense, a few months ago she called me and told me she was pregnant, she didn’t discuss it with me and the next day she went and got rid of it , that messed me up , I’m hurting , we haven’t really tallked about because it always turns into an argument... I enjoy being with her , but not sure if it’s worth it . Any tips ?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm sorry you are hurting. Reread what you posted. You are not in a healthy or stable relationship. You and this woman hooked up. You are not in the same places in your lives. You probably don't have the same aspirations, values, goals, etc.

Break up with her. Mourn the loss of the relationship and the future you might have dreamed of. Surround yourself with family and friends. Heal. Move on. You need to find a girlfriend who is closer to you in age, geography, and life phase. You should also learn how to use a condom until you are in a position to support a child.

• Jerry
    1 year ago

Sounds like it's more of an FWB relationship than BF/GF. I have relatives in DC, it's an EXPENSIVE place to live; the whole DC area is pricey. If you were the father of the child, it was wrong of her to not to have at least told you she was pregnant. Since a lot of things seem to end in arguments, maybe it's better if you both moved on.

• 1 year ago

honestly she's in a different stage of life than you. you would either have a really hard time going to school or wouldn't be able to if you moved with her. you would be giving up your job where you're able to save money for what will most likely be a much lower paying job.

it amazes me how people would rather get an abortion than just use protection in the first place. i'm assuming you're hurt that she aborted your baby that you two made together without talking to you or at least talking to you afterwards? if she wants you to move in together then that means yall need to be on the same page to begin with. if you're already having issues that are big and small and you're in a ldr, you need to work out the kinks before you go any further or just break up.

for someone who makes 110k, why doesn't she ever visit you?

• Eva
    1 year ago

Truthfully, you're not mature enough for her. I'm not sure what she sees in you.

• g
    1 year ago

You're at different places in life - she sounds settled and sure while you're still starting out. That doesn't mean it can't change, just that for now your lives and the distance aren't a good mix.

You either commit to being with her and making it work, or end it. Long term long distance just isn't practical, no matter how much you care for each other. As you say, the travel back and forth alone is expensive. Add to that school and work schedules ... It's not going to be easy.