How can we extend the number of players playing chess at a time to 3, 4 or more?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Best Answer

They could set up more than one board, and the players rotate from board to board making a move, with different opponents each time.

• 6 months ago

I have a version of chess designed for 3 or 4 players (though I ve never gotten enough people together to play it). Basically, the game designers extended each side of the board by 3 spaces (but not extending the corners out like this, so it looks like a plus sign), and move the starting positions of each side back 3 as well. This allows more players to be added along the other two sides. Can be played in teams, with players on the same team opposite each other. If playing 3 player, the strongest player should be in the middle, since they have the disadvantage of being stuck in a pincer attack.

• 6 months ago

those games exist.

i don't play them though. chess is all about forced move combinations. if you have more than 2 people, you can't force move combinations in a predictable way. it removes much of the advanced strategy of the game. wanna play with 3 players? have the strongest player do a 2 person simul. wanna play with 4 players? have a tournament.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Not played the game for yonks----

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.