Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 10 months ago

Is it okay to switch favorite NHL teams?

I grew up in Washington DC and was raised a Caps fan by my dad. I liked the Caps a lot but I never considered them to be a part of my "blood" if you will..

6 months ago, I recently moved to Tampa Florida. During the previous NHL season, I met a few new buddies and we went to about 10 TB Lightning games this season. I had a blast and just fell in love with the team.. The uniforms, logo, colors, city (I love Tampa itself), players, atmosphere, fans, etc. I felt like the fans in Tampa were a lot more friendly than in DC. I felt like I belonged there.

I wanna be a full time Lightning fan. However, my friends and family in DC will not be happy about it. Is it wrong of me to switch?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Yes, it is. Back in 2012, I loved the Capitals. They lost Alex Semin who was my favorite player and my best friend at the time passed away who was a Rangers fan, so from there on out, I always bled red white and blue.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

That's your choice --

But shouldn't a 13 year old be able to decide such things on their own ?

• 10 months ago

Yes it is. The NHL home ice advantage throughout the playoffs relocation from Tampa Bay to Boston, now they should be called the Boston Lightning.

• 10 months ago

Sure you can switch teams. Or you can root for both teams. Lots of people have a hometown team and a current town team.

But don't root for Tampa just because they were so good this season. Will you still be their fan during a losing season? If so, Let's Go Lightning!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bob
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

You can root for whatever team you want.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

its wrong to switch to a team that tied the all time regular season wins and points record and then gets swept by a wild card

• Do what you want. People change allegiances all the time, I reckon (I don't- in terms of fandom, I maintain strict monogamy) but some people like the polyamoury lifestyle. You do you.

• Cheer for whom you want. (That said, I live in DC and have family in Tampa, so the Bolts are now my fallback team.)

• Killmouseky
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Haven't you heard? Tampa Bay is changing the name of the team next season to acknowledge reality. Formerly touted as being "unsinkable", they will now be known as Tampa Bay Titanic.

• JuanB
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

cheer for whomever your want. Right or wrong.

It isn't wrong to switch. But is it wrong to switch to Tampa.

• 10 months ago

Yes it is

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.