Is it okay to switch favorite NHL teams?

I grew up in Washington DC and was raised a Caps fan by my dad. I liked the Caps a lot but I never considered them to be a part of my "blood" if you will.. 6 months ago, I recently moved to Tampa Florida. During the previous NHL season, I met a few new buddies and we went to about 10 TB Lightning games... show more I grew up in Washington DC and was raised a Caps fan by my dad. I liked the Caps a lot but I never considered them to be a part of my "blood" if you will..

6 months ago, I recently moved to Tampa Florida. During the previous NHL season, I met a few new buddies and we went to about 10 TB Lightning games this season. I had a blast and just fell in love with the team.. The uniforms, logo, colors, city (I love Tampa itself), players, atmosphere, fans, etc. I felt like the fans in Tampa were a lot more friendly than in DC. I felt like I belonged there.

I wanna be a full time Lightning fan. However, my friends and family in DC will not be happy about it. Is it wrong of me to switch?