promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Atheists believe that telemerase production and healthcare could allow immorality in humans?

But animals that produce telemerase, such as lobsters, still continue aging throughout their lives until they are too feeble to keep going. Theoretically, biological immorality means you don't die of old age, but I can't see telemerase production actually extending our lives beyond 200 years.

So, why do atheists think they can achieve immorality this way?

Our Father tells us the true way to achieve immorality through Christ.

Update:

Lobsters molt their shells periodically, but eventually after maybe 50-70 years they are so heavy and the lobster gets too weak to push the old shell off and it gets trapped in the old shell and dies. So it doesn't die of old age, but still reaches a point that it just can't go on.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I am sure that many do. I am also sure that some Christians think so as well. It is a hot topic in molecular biology and some feel that reproducing them could at least extend life and do away with old age. However, it has not been determined whether the lack of telomeres by themselves can account for old age. Dr. Michael Fossel, who authored the book Reversing Human Aging had this to say: “If we conquer aging as we know it today, we will still age in some new, less familiar way. If we extend our telomeres indefinitely, we may not acquire the diseases we now associate with old age, but we will still eventually wear out and die.”

There seem to be a number of biological factors that contribute to growing old so that reproducing telomeres and keeping them from fraying and deteriorating is not all that is involved.

For Christians, of course, you said it best. Living eternally, without sickness, disease, old age or death, can only be accomplished by God Almighty, through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Hannah J Paul

• ...Show all comments
    • Hannah J Paul
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Hi Bloop! Auto correct sucks sometimes, doesn't it? :) The book sounds interesting, yeah. The whole subject matter of telomeres is fascinating!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Why do I think a real scientific achievement that exists is better than a lie. Hmmmmmm.

• Retief
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

I would love to see a link to an article that says atheists believe that.

Medical science is not atheism.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

bullshit

• Hannah J Paul
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

You mean because you aren't familiar with it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

There are many aspects that influence the aging process. Telomeres are just a small part of it.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Here is the answer atheism provides: "We see no compelling evidence that there are any gods".

If this answer does not satisfy the question, then the question is unrelated to atheism.

• 11 months ago

you lost me after the word "atheist"

what in the world is telemerase, bloop? are you in a weird mood today or what?

• 11 months ago

I would avoid charlatans like Jesus. How can he offer eternal life if he doesn't construct a giant supercomputer in orbit around planet Jupiter for mass upload of human consciousness, or prepare amniotic growth tanks for our new clone bodies? He's not even bothering to preserve any DNA samples!

• 11 months ago

Maybe some do. I have no clue what you are babbling about.

• 11 months ago

Who says what, now?

• Someone Else
      Lv 5
      11 months agoReport

I've seen periodic atheists ask about how achieving biological immortality humans would effect our religious beliefs.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.