What are some of the best vacations you’ve had?

• 1 year ago

I feel like vacations are overrated. They're merely a distraction and a means to keep you broke by thinking you deserve time off by spending months worth of savings just to relax. Before you know it, it's time to go back to work like the desk-jockey or production-slave that you are.

• 1 year ago

Have not been too many places lately--busy working, taking care of family, saving money for house repairs.

Toured nature preserves of Botswana and Zimbabwe about 33 years ago. Okavango Delta, Kalahari bushmen visits outstanding. Wonderful animals, dark skies. Saw Halley's Comet.

Drove around Yosemite, Reno, Tahoe, San Francisco, wine country about 44 years ago.

Australia east coast and all over New Zealand about 51 years ago. While the people in Australia were great, cannot beat scenery in NZ compared to anywhere I have never seen.

Southern California in late 1950s was fine, especially the coastline.

Bonaire and Curacao islands 63 years ago were quite good. Barbados also.

Drove all around eastern USA about 65 years ago, difficult before Interstate highways.

Fished in northern Minnesota about 68 years ago. Cold even in summer.

• hotstuffktr
      1 year agoReport

"cannot beat scenery in NZ compared to anywhere I have never seen." You need to depart Denver heading West and drive all the way to the Devil's Golf Course in Death Valley NP.

• 1 year ago

Which-extent?

I still relish the memories I enjoyed on my cruise to Jamaica - mon, along with the additional vaca. I took to Orlando, Florida.

Not to limit the impact on the two-week vaca. / performace I took when I sang in my church youth choir. <-All 75 of us youth ENJOYED all-the-hype of Honolulu and the island during that trek.

Also-relished was my family reunion I took to Europe.

As well as the ten-day stay I enjoyed with my mom and grandfather to Rockaway, Oregon / Washington state coastline - along with the many travels we (family) drove to Los Angeles, Ca. and to Red River, New Mexico.

And - least I forget the year-long sabbatical I took, staying in San Antonio, Texas (which turned-out being a distant-Work-assignment.)

My next travel-destination will be somewhere to the Midwest / or East coast - to add mileage to my Frequent flier discount card.

Any suggestions?

• 1 year ago

2 day bus trip to florida, fly on a rickety old plane to Bahamas then camp out in a little unwalled thatched hut in the woods for a month. not enough to eat, sunburnt, sand in every crevice, loved every minute of it.

• hotstuffktr
      1 year agoReport

Like drink high alcohol content beer and leer at strippers? Lol!

• 1 year ago

Colorado is my favorite place to go. Also Chattanooga, Tennessee, and Niagra Falls. There are a lot of things to do on the Canada side that we did not do.

• 1 year ago

ALANTIC CITY BEFORE THE GAMBLING.

1 year ago

The ones' with my mum and with my children.

• Was in Berlin, purely by chance, when The Wall came down. Man, what a party! Even the Hookers were havaing sex with East Germans whom they allowed to pay with worthless East German Marks.

• 1 year ago

2 that I can think of. When my kids and I drove to Grand Junction for a tattoo. And when I drove alone to Sundance to run around Devils Tower. Both were stress free and beautiful.

• 1 year ago

Florida was the best time of my life. I wish I could go back I really would love to live in Florida. I live in th UK and I hate living here I want to move to Florida. It would be awesome if I lived there. 😁