What do you working persons, do after retired ship?

If i worked I preferred to hide my self in house, cause I see electricity in all works, they are sad!!! They are to be getting rid of, not?

• Nancy
    Favorite Answer

The word's "retirement."

• Cogito

Janet - it's also short for 'word is'. That's perfectly acceptable.

Before I Retired i purchased 2 x 220 Sb Mercedes Benz for restoration took 10 years of great pleasure

My first trip 3500 Klm and what a pleasure But a Broken hand brake cable put her out of action when it wrapped around the tail shaft

took 6 months to find new parts because one car was an Automatic the other was a Manual

I have since then restored a 350cc AJS and a 200cc Triumph Tiger Cub

1. Retired people are no "working people"

2. The word is retirement not retired ship

3. Personally I do some volunteer work and take classes

We take it easy and, those who have a decent pension (which does not apply to me) will travel and start doing other things that could not be done whilst in full time work. For me, personally, being retired just means that I can stay in bed in the morning if I feel the need to do so and go back to bed at whatever time I choose. I don't have a timetable to follow so life is good, free and easy - limited only by a lack of funds and lack of energy these days.

If still fit and well most retired people either find a part-time job or become involved in a hobby that they had no spare time for previously. I visit my grandchildren, am involved with my church and have friends that I can meet up with. I can still 'just' cope with my own shopping, washing but have a cleaner. Ironing I avoid if I possibly can. Hurrah for synthetic fabrics.

I do as much as I am physically able to do and will do so for as long as I can. We know that once we give up we'll never be able to pick up the pieces again. Life is hard as we age, worse for some than others, but we must do as much as possible if we are not to become totally dependent of others before we wanted that to happen. I hope that my kids never have to do everything for me. They do help now but, if they were not available some days, I'd cope reasonably well

• Jeremy

Whatever we want to do within our financial means. The beauty of retirement to me is being able to get up from my bed at a time of my choosing and then do whatever I want to do until it's time to go back to bed. I have no pension but my old age U.K. pension so I have to be very frugal but that O.K. I've had a lifetime of learning how to be frugal so that's no hardship. It's the freedom from set hours that I enjoy.

I have not ever retired a ship, but I am retired, and I have many hobbies, including hiking and gardening. I also play online checkers on the internet to help keep my brain working. I don't use liquor, tobacco, or TV ever.

I drive Uber and sell at flea markets and Comic cons.

My mother provideos daycare for her granddaughter, runs a quilting guild, volunteers at a nursing home, is active in her church, gardens, and runs a quarterly ladies weekend which is a 2-day spiritual retreat. She says she is busier now than when she owned her insurance company.

Count their money

• Observer

What money - I lost pretty much all since 2008, but most since the 2016 election.