What's happening with the malls in United States?

Some are already closed. Some are closing. I notice allot of stores are having sales. Most stores have posters showing "buy 1 and 2nd half price sales." Are we heading towards depression or in depression now?

Your response is welcome.

Update:

Aw those internet deals. I like to examine the products before I buy.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

SEO makes your website easier for users and search engines to navigate because it rearranges your links.

• 7 months ago

Brick and mortar stores are a dying breed...with retail malls being the most obvious example.

• 7 months ago

online shopping

• 7 months ago

No. The economy as a whole is fine. The malls are in trouble because it's easier and more convenient to buy stuff online. There's plenty of shopping happening, but most of it is not in malls.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

rnaybe theyre not selling enough and end up having to close down

• 7 months ago

Typewriter manufacturers went out of business when the computer became popular.

VCR was replaced by DVD who were replaced by streaming services.

Beepers, Palm Pilots, GPS, Cameras, calculators have all been replaced by phones.

The Post Office is suffering because of Email.

For one thing to get popular, another must fade away.

Malls...online shopping...which do you use more often?

• Judy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

online buying has seriously hurt malls

• paul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

on line sales are taking over , i can get things on amazon that I can not find in a mall

• 7 months ago

Allot does not mean a lot.

I have noticed that every store I have been in my entire adult life has always had at least one item on sale.

A buy one get one sale does not mean the store is losing money. It means that they have a high mark-up.

The malls in my community are not closing. I don't know where you live.

My city has a new 220,000-square-foot shopping center that will be opening later this year.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Brick and mortar stores are suffering due to internet competition.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.