Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionDrama · 9 months ago

Could Game of Thrones Melisandre's "green eyes" prophecy apply to Dany—not Cersei? Would you rather see Dany or Jon on the Iron Throne?

The youngest Stark girl has grown into a deadly assassin...and what if she ends up killing Daenerys Targaryen, too?!

Arya will kill Dany, so that Jon Snow — her brother by love, if not by blood — can sit on the Iron Throne.

Arya isn't wild about Dany:

During the episode, the remaining Stark children (ie, the LAST OF THE STARKS) tell Jon about their resistance to accepting Dany as their queen. The confrontation ends with Jon revealing his true parentage — but not before Arya makes it VERY clear that she isn't a fan of Dany, and doesn't care about losing her as an ally.

"We're doing the right thing telling you we don't trust your queen," Arya says pointedly to Jon.

"You don't know her yet," Jon replies.

"I'll never know her. She's not one of us."

But would Arya really KILL Dany?

I mean, maybe?! Let's talk about that prophecy the Red Priestess Melisandre made to Arya back in season 3 — the one she repeated during season 8’s third episode.

“You said I’d shut many eyes forever. You were right about that, too.”

"Brown eyes, green eyes—and blue eyes," Melisandre replies.

It's obvious that the blue eyes refer to the Night King, and I have theorized that the brown eyes refer to one of Arya's past kills, like Walder Frey. But who's the green-eyed person Arya is destined to kill? Cersei Lannister seems like the obvious option, but what if it's not? What if it's...

...Dany?

If Arya kills Dany, I won't be shocked — anything is possible on Game of Thrones.

• Joe
    Favorite Answer

In the books, the iconic Targaryen eye color is violet, not green. But Melisandre was just listing a variety of eye colors; I don't consider that list to be a death list.

Regardless, I like your theory. Last night, I had just assumed that Arya was riding south to kill Cersei - and I still think that Cersei is her main target. Cersei has been on Arya's list for a long time. But there's no reason that Arya can't be going after Danerys, as well.

My compliments on a solid prediction. (I hope yours are better than mine.)

I stopped watching when that brother and sister started ******* each other.

Dany doesn't have green eyes

I think that Jon should be on the Iron Throne. I hope that no matter what Cersi ends up dead no matter who does it. At the end of all of this she is still alive then I think that is a hug failure and let down by the writers and it would be like an ultimate middle finger to all of the real fans.

• Nick

I believe Jon should be on the throne.

Well i am not sure and dont want arya to be the one killing Cersei because she already had killed many antagonists before it will give her a very huge role compared to other characters . However , after seeing the fourth episode , i started to think it's Dany the prophecy meant because i dont know if it's just me or when they were talking to Cersei on the border of kings landing they focused on her eyes and Cersei's which both are green . Also it just would be better if jaimie

Kills Cersei and the Hound is obviously going to kill his brother

• Lv 4

can't help it... maybe it's the dragons but i'd love it if it was Dany. Jon just seems too on-the-nose, like happy ending stuff, which i don't think this is going to be. but the statues in the cave showed Jon Snow as very old and Arya and Sansa as they are now.

I have no clue

I definitely think Arya kills Cersei, she will do it wearing someone else's face, I speculate it will be Qyburns face. I also think Daenerys does something stupid in the battle for Kings Landing and gets herself and Drogon killed.

Qyburn robbed the god of death (a.k.a. many faced god) by bringing the mountain back to life, therefore his (Qyburn) death is owed to the god of death. Arya is the god of death's pupil, therefore she must make this right.

I think she's going after Cersei and the Mountain, who are still on her list. The Hound is also after the Mountain, ready to finally kill his brother. Since the Mountain is Cersei's bodyguard, I'm guessing Arya and the Hound will go after both of them at the same time. Since the Mountain is some kind of undead creature, Arya will have to choose between killing Cersei and letting the Mountain kill the Hound, or protecting the Hound while letting Cersei escape. And I think that's when Jaime will kill Cersei.

As for the iron throne, I think Danaerys is definitely taking after her father. I also think Jon Snow isn't really king material. My guess is that Dany will kill Jon, then be killed herself. Sansa will end up on the throne.

• Snid

I don't think Arya has Daenerys on her "list". I think she's still after Cersei.