What can I expect when traveling in the United Kingdom?

I am Korean, and I went to school in the United States. I have been told that my pronunciation of the English language is similar to well-known American actors like Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. My pronunciation of English is not at all like the Americans who live in the southern region (Texas, etc.)... show more I am Korean, and I went to school in the United States. I have been told that my pronunciation of the English language is similar to well-known American actors like Jennifer Lopez, Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt. My pronunciation of English is not at all like the Americans who live in the southern region (Texas, etc.) and which I sometimes have difficulty understanding.

I am planning to travel for at least a month through all regions of the United Kingdom. Will residents of the United Kingdom be able to understand my American accent/pronunciation of English? Of course, I realize that comprehending American English pronunciation depends mostly on the individual and not on specific regions of the UK