Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Is this a sign to start searching for God like in Jeremiah 29:13?

My life is falling apart and I have had trouble looking for work. My family worries about me and thinks I will never amount to anything. I am 24 and I am in trade school. I just need peace and I have what people call a 6th sense.

Best Answer

You will seek Me AND find Me WHEN you seek Me with your whole heart.

Yes, this is true.

So often we tell God, I got this, I don't need you to be involved. God says, Okay. You do you and see how that works out for you. And we take the reins, so to speak in our own lives, and thoroughly muck it up. I mean like totally and completely. And when we have totally and completely mucked up our own lives, when it's bad enough that we start looking around for help, that is when God taps us on the shoulder and says, Remember Me? And we call out to God to save us from the mess we have made in our own lives.

You ask any Christian, what you will find is that better than 90 percent of us have the same story. And when we had done all we could to make our lives work to no avail, when we're laying flat on our backs in a gutter with a dog peeing on us, THEN we reach out to God. And God is faithful to reach out His hand, grab us by ours, pick us up, clean us off, and stay with us for the rest of our lives. He is ALWAYS faithful to stick His hand out for those who ask. Always.

But God is not mocked. You can't flirt with God today and ditch Him tomorrow and expect things to go well for you. This is why God says, You will seek Me AND find Me when you seek Me with your whole heart; i.e., do it, or do it not, but don't play at it. You will seek Me, AND find Me -- when you look for Me with your whole heart, you WILL find Me. And I will be there for you, and with you. And I will walk with you, and never leave you. I will always be here by your side. I will fight your battles with you and for you. It won't be easy, Child, but you are Mine, and called by My name.

These are promises that God made to His people, and you can take these promises to the bank. Why?

God is not man that He should lie, nor a son of man that He should change his mind.

Has he said, and will he not do it? Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?

In other words, God is not a man so He doesn't lie, nor does He change His mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? No. Has He ever had a plan that He didn't bring to completion? No.

Accept Jesus. He will change your life.

There are plenty of jobs and work out there to land. Choose what you want to do. God is not going to tell you anything so think for yourself.

• Archer

Well your sixth is not doing you any more good than the first five.

Try to understand that you must love yourself and that you don't have to amount to anyone else's expectations.

Try to value and respect yourself before your family's wants.

Accounting is a good major, try a community college.

• A C

Yes. My life was a mess when I asked Jesus Christ to be my Lord and Savior. He straightened it out. He is a faithful friend. Read the New Testament for more information. I suggest starting with the Gospel of John; then Romans. Pray for God's will and direction in your life too. And find a Bible-believing church to attend, like Baptist. You may have to try a few before you find the right one for you. Don't rely on a "sixth sense". Do not trust your feelings. Trust only in God and His Word, the Bible. The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. (That verse is also in Jeremiah.)

Edit: Jeremiah 17:9

• Max

The idea here is to seek God will all of our heart, and we will find God. Scripture also teaches that if we call unto God with a sincere heart, He will reveal unto us beauties and secrets we never knew. This goes along with loving God above all, recognizing that He is one, the most important commandment of the Ten commandments. So if we love God, we are worthy to call unto Him with a sincere heart. If we do this, God can change our lives for the better.

I'm in the same situation, except in many ways worse. I am not in school nor work right now. I have barely any money to spend and am living off of disability. People have told me the same discouraging things you have been told. I have no girlfriend and feel lonely almost every day.

Just keep praying, pushing through things, and following God's commandments, for things will get better. It teaches us in scripture that if we obey God's commandments, we will be blessed with wonderful things like rain at its due time, evil beasts to go out of your land, and storing new food before old food that you have. Also keep in mind that God controls everything, and He has a divine plan and a divine will for all of us. Thus, we can have comfort in knowing that if we are good people, God will reward us and bless us.

Hope this helped.

Max

Source(s): Jew

if you have Faith in God, and Jesus, you still have the right choice, in my experience those that are faithful to Christ will have the most persecutions in the next years. there are a billion christians and if the "rapture" = "translation happens, it wont happen until after the tribulation. aiui. so be MORE prepared and find the inner remission of Sins. seek the FAce of God , seek his word, seek immortality.

Maybe