Do city inspectors generally agree that a person will not be evicted from their apartment by a landlord for informing them about bedbugs ?

Favorite Answer

Inspectors have nothing to do with this, state laws invariably dictate that landlords cannot take retaliatory actions against tenants.

Its not the inspectors decision. Its what ever the law and health codes are for the area. If you got bed bugs you brought them in with your OLD MATTRESS etc. or you got them in the NASTY CHEAP HOTEL you stayed at the last time you wanted crazy sex and didnt want to take the one night stand home. YOU are the cause of them not the landlord.. You should have checked the mattress before you climbed onto it or rented the place if you are so cheap you have to use someone elses bed..

• I would enjoy crazy sex if you know a nice lady but, I did not bring the bedbugs. I have not seen any since I got the city fire inspector to order my landlord to treat the building with professionals. May my landlord rest in peace. He recently died but, his wife has made sure no more bedbugs.

• R P

City Inspectors have no authority in a matter of eviction.

Source(s): FL landlord

City inspectors have no say in that.

inspectors have nothing to do with eviction decisions re bed bugs

Probably not. A lot chepaer to get a good exterminator than a good tenant.