Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesDodge · 7 months ago

how long do dodge chargers usually last?

hi, so im looking for cars and i found one i really like, its a used 2016 dodge charger sxt rwd with 92k miles on it, i was curious as to how long do chargers usually last? somebody keeps telling me that they dont last long and not to buy one. does anybody have any personal experience on the cars and how long they usually last? thanks!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Eh, I'd try to go for the R/T.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Dodge Chargers are bought by idiots that abuse their cars and miss regular maintenance -- which is WHY the statistics say they are unreliable. In real life, it is just as reliable as any other vehicle. 90K miles/3 years is a bit high. It could have been a well maintained commuter car and is excellent condition, or it could have been abused in taxi use by a cheap UBER driver.

Who is selling the 3-year-old Dodge?

Owner? -- Ain't no way!

Used car lot -- I don't think so.

Used car lot on a Ford dealer's lot -- maybe....

Used car lot on a Dodge dealer's lot -- Okay.

• Shay
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I would be concerned about a vehicle that is only three years old and already has 92,000 miles on it.

The "average" miles per year is considered to be 10,000 to 12,000 per year, so a three year old vehicle should have less than 40,000 miles on it and anything over 50,000 would be considered excessive.

Basically, I would never buy that vehicle just based on already having such high mileage.

Here is a website that will search for common complaints on a vehicle if you put in the make and model that you are looking at.

https://repairpal.com/problems/dodge/charger

• 7 months ago

The Dodge Charger Reliability Rating is 4.0 out of 5.0, which ranks it 10th out of 12 for fullsize cars. There are much better choices in a used car.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Already dead in bed. They look nice; but chances are not with you.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

How long is a piece of rope?

As with any car it all depends on how it has been driven and maintained. A poorly maintained car that is driven irresponsibly could be junk before it reaches 100k miles. If properly maintained and gently driven car could last a lifetime

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.