Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Do any scientists accept creation?

Update:

No relevant expertise? Here come the qualifications. I'm not talking about dentists and pharmacists. Microbiologists, biologists, physicists, geneticists, paleontologists. These are scientists. Or can we dismiss those too.

39 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christians_i...

^ Some theistic evolutionist believers and those that believed in God's account of creation

A small sampling from different fields:

Andrew A Snelling - Geologist

Georgia Purdom - molecular geneticist

Terry Mortenson - historian of geology

Tommy Mitchell - medical doctor

David Menton - Biologist, anatomist

Nathaniel T. Jeanson - research biologist

Danny R. Faulkner - astronomer

Neil Armitage - engineering

Eduardo Arroyo - forensics

Eugene C Ashby - chemistry

Thomas Barnes - physics

Timothy C Coppess - environmental science

David Down - anthropology

Alan Galbraith - Hydrology

Maciej Giertych - population geneticist

Steven Gollmer - atmospheric sciences

Robin Greer - biochemist

Edmond W Holroyd III - astrophysics, earth science

John Kruger - zoology

Myung Sang Kwon - immunology

Margaret Helder - Botanist

Neil Huber - physical anthropologist

David King - astronomy

Peter Line - neuroscience

Jason Lisle - astrophysicist

Alexander V Lalomov - geochemistry

Heinz Lycklama - nuclear physics

Lane P Lester - ecology

Ian Macreadie - molecular biology

Ralph Matthews - radiation chemistry

John McEwan - organic chemistry

Victor Meyer - entomology

Terry L Phipps - environmental biology

Craig Russell - soil science

Jon Sanford - plant science

Ron Samec - astronomy

Horace D Skipper - soil microbiology

Other:

https://evolutionnews.org/2006/02/over_500_scienti...

• Chaphaz Yahshua
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

Henry: I find that the ones who are telling people to grow up, need to take their own advice.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

y not

• 7 months ago

The truth is there is a creator behind life. Whether the creator is an eternal universe out there in the multiverses, aliens, some kind of unknown material that can spontaneously cause things to pop into existence, or an intelligent creator /God who purposefully created life that has a mind etc. So the exact same reason why atheists would have for not believing in God ( which most would say is because they don't know enough about the origin of life yet and someday will find out eventually, can also agree their not knowing can also be a reason for why they shouldn't deny the possibility of a God)

• 7 months ago

None that can actually spell "scientist".

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Only those with the god delusion.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Einstein and Newton both recognized intelligent design in nature and the ones who are smart will say they are agnostic if they doubt. My brother of same sign I am smart as Einstein and did not talk much until he was three and that is because I talked for him so much he did not have to talk too much when we were growing up together and deep thinker.

• ANDRE L
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

- Albert Einstein, letter to an atheist (1954), quoted in Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas & Banesh Hoffman

• Tim
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    • Huh?
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

It is exactly my point. The guy is a chemist and in one book he makes claims about the footprints at the Paluxy River, that contradicts the findings of experts in the field. His is a worthless non-expert.

• 7 months ago

Yes they do, there are Christian scientists that do and other scientists that do accept it. For sure look it up

• wombatfreaks
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

There are Christian scientists, many of them, and many that follow other faiths. None of them that I have ever heard of interpret any of the creation stories as literal.

• Huh?
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

The title scientist is broad, any biologist will most likely not be a creationist. But a electrical engineer could be considered a scientist and with no formal training in the area of biology will claim to be a creationist.

That is a common deception used by creationists, they list "scientists" that have no relevant expertise and claim they reject evolution. They will even list a dentist, a chemist and a pharmacist and claim SEE SCIENTISTS REJECT EVOLUTION!

It is an appeal to authority falacy, appeals to those qualified in the field is not a fallacy but when a person points to someone totally unqualified and claim their status as "scientist" should make them an authority, they are being deceptive.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      7 months agoReport

All scientists are familiar with and use the scientific method in their work. Whether they are biologists or some other profession related to evolution is not the point, it is a matter of knowing how to reason on the principles of science and draw conclusions..

• 7 months ago

Very few, and they're not generally looked at very favorably by other scientists.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Not if they're worthy of the name.

• Madeline7 months agoReport

Yeah, clearly Newton wasn’t worthy of his name.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.