can i travel to greece with an expired greek passport and renew my greek passport in greece?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

No. With an expired passport of any nationality you will not be able to leave whatever country you are currently in.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

why did u let it expire in the first place u moron!

• 7 months ago

Most countries will not let you in with an expired passport plus you won't be able to get thru security in whatever country you are in (is your ID still valid and is it from Greece) you need to head over to a Greek embassy wherever you are and applly for a new passport. Though since you have a Greek passport you should be able to get another Greek passport once you are in Greece. I suggest asking the airlines you plan on booking with or finding out from the security at the airport you plan to fly out of.

• 7 months ago

A GREEK Citizen can enter Greece.

Where are you travelling from.

The Airline will want a travel Document usually a Passport THEY ARE NOT GREEK passport control.

The Greek Embassy/consulate can supply you a document for the purpose of getting on a plane.

http://www.passport.gov.gr/en/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Marc
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You could travel on a US or other VALID passport (and Schengen visa if needed) and get your Greek re-issued.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Why wouldn't you renew it at an embassy? I doubt you can travel with an expired passport.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Are you a Greek citizen? Can you visit a Greek Embassy or Consulate first? Can you telephone the nearest Embassy or Consulate?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.