T'rone
T'rone asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 7 months ago

What is the best table top espresso machine?

I want one but don't want to go too cheap and have it break and, at the same time, am weary of paying 250$ and also have it break soon thereafter. Anyone have any experience in this? I'm only used to stove top.

• Favorite Answer

I'm going to send you to Seattle Coffee Gear. They test and review almost every machine made. Their videos (see the YouTube channel) are amazing! https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/

I have a Rancilio Silvia. It appears to be $715 now - we paid more like $500 several years ago. It's a great machine except it does NOT have two boilers. So you get the machine hot for the coffee, make the coffee, and wait while it gets hotter to steam milk. It's a trade-off to get a really high quality machine and not have to spend $1500. You'll have to see pros and cons of each machine and decide for yourself what is important to have and what you can live without.