If Kurt Cobain didn't want to be famous, why didn't he stay indy?

I mean, he had to know that David Geffen wanted him at the top of the pop charts.

Favorite Answer

I remember the band being asked why they signed to a major in an interview. They replied it was 'something to do'.

Lets be clear, Kurt Cobain wanted to be famous. He just couldnt take it once it happened.

Source(s): 79
  • Sparky

Because of pressure from record company executives to appeal to a larger audience

• abdul

Incremental raises to offset cost of living increases are appropriate. However, simply declaring that everybody deserves 15 bucks an hour will only cause layoffs, business closures and price increases.

He probably enjoyed being on MTV and Geffen as an artist, but wasn’t prepared for the fame that came with it. I think Nirvana went into the studio for Nevermind knowing they had good songs, but I don’t think they knew how big they would become. But that’s just my interpretation, I wasn’t there.