? asked in SportsFootballFIFA World Cup (TM) · 8 months ago

Do you still remember the 1982 World Cup?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Yes I have distant memories but as it was unsuccessful for England it wasn't one that sticks in the mind to any great extent. !986 and 1990 were brilliant. We had really good sides and might have reached the final both times with a little bit more luck and a lot less hand balls. Where was VAR then? Grrrrrrr. I do, however, remember bulldog bobby lol ( we still have a t shirt somewhere I think) and that AWFUL song. lol

You know, the one that went ...... ♫ "We're on our way, we are Ron's 22, hear the roar, of the red, white and blue..." ♫

Unfortunately, the song had more oom-pah than the team in the latter stages. However, having looked through the results, it would appear that England didn't actually lose a game but didn't make it to the semi finals because there were two group stages. I hadn't remembered that but it was a long time ago. It may have been pointed out how unreasonable that was and after that it was changed to a last 16 knock out situation. ??

I also remember that Northern Ireland produced one of the biggest upsets in World Cup history by beating the host nation in their group.

• Zapata
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Damn it, I still remember the 1970 World Cup!!

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No, but I don't remember any of them. Is that the soccer one?

• 8 months ago

No I was 3

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.