Where does the Bible that the only one who can forgive sins is Jehovah?

If Jehovah gave the ability to forgive sins to a perfect man, would that mean that perfect man is also Jehovah

Why did you go anonymous Campus Crusade 4 Christ? Is that how a Christian should speak? Shouldn't you want to explain to those reading why you are right and Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong?

no chance without a tire iron - Thank you for the insults.

no chance without a tire iron - Did you notice that you are not blocked? Funny, huh?

Campus Crusade 4 Christ - You are now blocked because you have blocked me. I only block people block me.

"You're a nasty little man who plays the martyr card in the face of fair criticism." - Campus Crusade 4 Christ

Speaking from one who answers a question anonymously and then blocks me from responding to his answer.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Only Jehovah can forgive sins but He sent Jesus Christ as a ransom for all sins and now cleanses completely without sacrifices or we would believe in Judaism.

For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom paid by Christ Jesus. (Romans 3:23,24)

“The blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1 John 1:7)

“Repent,a therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out,c so that seasons of refreshing may come from Jehovah himself (Acts 3:19)

Because of this I always strive to maintain a clear* conscience before God and men. Acts 24:16

So Peter said to her: “Why did you two agree to make a test of the spirit of Jehovah? Look! The feet of those who buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.” 10 Instantly she collapsed at his feet and died. When the young men came in, they found her dead and they carried her out and buried her alongside her husband. 11 So great fear came over the whole congregation and over all those hearing about these things.

"Why does this fellow talk like that? He's blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?" Mark 2:7

At once Jesus knew in His spirit that they were thinking this way within themselves. “Why are you thinking these things in your hearts?” He asked. “Which is easier: to say to a paralyzed man, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Get up, pick up your mat, and walk’? But so that you may know that the Son of Man has been given authority on earth to forgive sins...” He said to the paralytic, “I tell you, get up, pick up your mat, and go home.”

But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus. God publicly displayed him at his death as the mercy seat accessible through faith. This was to demonstrate his righteousness, because God in his forbearance had passed over the sins previously committed. This was also to demonstrate his righteousness in the present time, so that he would be just and the justifier of the one who lives because of Jesus’ faithfulness.

Once again, Jesus spoke to the people and said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows Me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the light of life.”

So the Pharisees said to him, “You are testifying about yourself; Your testimony is not valid.”

Jesus replied, “Even if I testify about myself, my testimony is valid, because I know where I came from and where I am going. But you do not know where I came from or where I am going. You judge according to the flesh; I judge no one. But even if I do judge, my judgment is true, because I am not alone when I judge; I am with the Father, who sent me. Even in your own Law it is written that the testimony of two men is valid. I am one who testifies about myself, and the father, who sent me, also testifies about me.”

19“Where is Your Father?” they asked him.

“You do not know me or My Father,” Jesus answered. “If you knew me, you would know My Father as well.”

He spoke these words while teaching in the temple courts, near the treasury. Yet no one seized him, because his hour had not yet come.

Again he said to them, “I am going away, and you will look for me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come.”

So the Jews began to ask, “Will He kill himself, since he says, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come’?”

Then he told them, “You are from below; I am from above (an angel). You are of this world; I am not of this world. That is why I told you that you would die in your sins. For unless you believe that I am he , you will die in your sins.”

So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I have come here from God. I have not come on my own, but He sent me.

Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory means nothing. The One who glorifies me is My Father, of whom you say ‘He is our God.’ You do not know Him, but I know Him. If I said I did not know Him, I would be a liar like you. But I do know Him, and I keep His word. Your father Abraham was overjoyed to see my day. He saw it and was glad.”

“Who are You?” they asked.

“Just what I have been telling you from the beginning,” Jesus replied. “I have much to say about you and much to judge. But the One who sent me is truthful, and what I have heard from Him, I tell the world.”

They did not understand that he was telling them about the Father. So Jesus said, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own, but speak exactly what the Father has taught me. He who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what pleases Him.”

Abraham saw three angels!! One of them was Michael the Arch Angel!

Source(s): www.jw.org
  • Juli
    1 year ago

Hmmm..........looks like you're reaping what you've sown.

• 1 year ago

Both in Matthew 9:2-8 and Mark 2:1-12 we read of religious people stumbling over just who Jesus is because of His ability to forgive sins. They declared, "Who can forgive sins but God alone?" Thus they believed Jesus to be blaspheming because they saw Him as no more than a man.

Jesus stated that "the Son of Man has authority to forgive sins upon the earth" and proved that by healing the paralytic, to whom He had just said, "Your sins are forgiven."

Of course, Jesus is the unique Son of Man and, simultaneously, the unique Son of God. There are many sons of God, but all those are created by God, whereas the one who was the Word, who became flesh as the man, Jesus, "made everything that was made", logically proving that He could not have been made Himself. This Word of God IS God, and on Earth as Jesus, retained His deity, so He was far more than "just" a perfect man.

• Juli
      1 year agoReport

https://www.google.com/search?q=jehovah%27s+witnesses+child+sexual+abuse&rlz=1C1APWK_enUS775US775&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLl5GLxPvhAhVFKa0KHdMcCmgQ_AUIDigB&biw=1215&bih=560&dpr=1.13

• 1 year ago

More accurately that "perfect man" is ALSO deity, along with the Holy Spirit, making the Holy Three" triune in nature. Compare Matthew 28:19.

1 year ago

The Bible concludes that we are all sinners (Galatians 3:22, Romans 3:9, Romans 3:23, Eccl. 7:20, 1 John 1:8-10, Isaiah 53:6, Jeremiah 17:9, Isaiah 64:6, Romans 5:12, Romans 5:18-19, Romans 11:32, 1 Kings 8:46, Luke 18:19, 2 Chronicles 6:36).

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” - John 14:6, KJV

“And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.” - Matthew 1:21, KJV

“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” - John 1:12, KJV

Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. - Acts 2:38, KJV

“And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD shall be saved.” - Acts 2:21, KJV

10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;11 And that every tongue should confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, to the glory of God the Father. - Philippians 2:10-11, KJV

For there is ONE GOD, and one mediator between God and men, THE MAN CHRIST JESUS; - 1 Timothy 2:5, KJV

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. - Acts 4:12, KJV

Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell? - Proverbs 30:4, KJV

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. - John 17:6, KJV

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. - John 5:43, KJV

And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are. - John 17:11, KJV

Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD, both theirs and ours: - 1 Corinthians 1:2, KJV

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His name. - John 20:31, KJV

Romans 10:9-13, KJV:

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth THE LORD JESUS, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Ghost: 16, (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.) - Acts 8:15-16, KJV

Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the Lord. - Psalm 14:4, KJV

Pour out thy wrath upon the heathen that have not known thee, and upon the kingdoms that have not called upon thy name. - Psalm 79:6, KJV

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant whom the Lord shall call. - Joel 2:32, KJV

And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified. - Acts 19:17, KJV

And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God. - 1 Corinthians 6:11, KJV

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. - 1 John 3:23, KJV

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. - 1 John 5:13, KJV

His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and men shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed. - Psalm 72:17, KJV

So will not we go back from thee: quicken us, and we will call upon thy name. - Psalm 80:18, KJV

Give thanks unto the LORD, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the people. - 1 Chronicles 16:8, KJV

I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. - Psalm 116:13, KJV

And in that day shall ye say, Praise the LORD, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. - Isaiah 12:4, KJV

• Brian
      1 year agoReport

Great scriptures. Are they your favorites? How exactly does this answer the question though?

• 1 year ago

The phony word "Jehovah" wasn't in the Bible until Tyndale mistakenly put it there in the 1500s. There is no "Jehovah" in the original Koine Greek Scripture,

In regard to "Jehovah" and "Yahweh", Yoel says the followingt:

"There is no "J" or "W" in the Hebrew alphabet [aleph-bet].

Those names were invented by Christians and hold no genuine claim of authenticity or historicity in Jewish scripture."

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    1 year ago

Why did you post anonymously, then unmask yourself only after you criticized someone else for answering anonymously? Are you a hypocritical coward? And why is your question grammatically incorrect, once again? Are you stupid or just careless? (I hope you don't mind my borrowing your tactic of asking questions of someone after blocking them.)

• 1 year agoReport

You're a nasty little man who plays the martyr card in the face of fair criticism.

• 1 year ago

It doesn't. Even the Lord's Prayer asks for forgiveness "as we forgive others." We are all supposed to forgive.

• Brian
      1 year agoReport

Are you saying that God cannot give the ability to forgive sins against God to another?

1 year ago

Only other members of your cult care about what your cult teaches. You are reinforcing your own brainwashing--nothing more.

• ronald
    1 year ago

Only through his son Jesus can you be forgiven.

1 year ago

No, it does not mean that.

• Brian
      1 year agoReport

What does it mean Nell?