What do you anime fans feel about Your Name. aka Kimi no Nawa going to be a Live Action Film?

We have seen Anime turned to live action such as Ghost in the Shell, Death Note and many more that were a Hollywood Disaster. Do you think that JJ Abrams and Mark Webb will pull it off.

Favorite Answer

i think its going to be bad. i heard in the news that Mitsuha will now be a Native American Indian while Taki will now be a Chicago Native City guy.

Sorry but I think it will be a fail. Since its going to be a remake why not stick with the Japanese culture and background. Why do they have to go this far?

This will be another failed Anime Experiment

• Heizenbergh

nobody cares what you think Raditz. All we know is through out the History, westernization of Anime always fail. Name one Japanese anime that became live action in Hollywood that became a box office hit. Oh thats right you cant give me one because they dont exist

Live action remakes generally suck to the people who actually enjoyed the anime but are generally awesome to people who think only losers watch anime.

Instead of getting the latter type of person to watch more anime, it usually just alienates the people who actually enjoy anime to begin with as the changes between the original and the remake are significant

• Raditz

I've said it before, and I'm going to said it again: It's great that there are some people that tries to push an anime title to the casual market, and you need to appreciate it, instead of praying it to be fail.

The movie bounds for some changes, especially in setting and characters, since it was the "price" that we need to pay to ensure a localization. But if they didn't change the core story (the body switching and all the events that follows after), I don't see any problem with it.

As for the staffs, I think the combination of Mark Webb and J.J. Abrams is good, since both of them has handled a very distinguished genre. I believe Webb will handle the first half of the movie, which was romcom, while Abrams handled the second half, which was mostly sci-fi.

Now, all we can do is hope for the best, and wait for the movie to be released.

• 8 months agoReport

Abrams cannot do scifi worth ****. He's a moron who has ruined scifi

A small remark on your question, it's 'Na Wa'. Nawa means rope. And yeah, everyone knows of the parody potential on that. And I doubt anyone has high expectations for a 'murican live action.