Which Processor would work best with a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 TI 11GB Graphics Card?

Also while I'm here I would like to ask the difference between the 1080 and 1080 TI graphics cards, i Know the 1080 has 8GB of VRAM and the 1080 TI has 11GB, but is there a difference in performance, like memory speed or GHZ etc?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Which Processor?

What screen resolution are you running and what's the refresh rate of the monitor? You can't go wrong with the 8700k in any situation. The 8th and 9th Generation Core i5 processors are always a good choice. If you're gaming on a 60hz-90hz display then the Ryzen 5 2600x is a good pick.

The GTX 1080ti is a cut down Titan Pascal or XP and in which case these Titan level cards use the GP102 GPU. The GTX 1080, GTX 1070ti and GTX 1070 use the GP104 GPU. The GP102 is larger than the GP104 and thus is has more processing cores. Because the GP102 is larger, it also consumes more power. There plenty of webpages online that list the specifications of the GTX 1080 and GTX 1080ti.

Since the 1080ti uses a 352-bit memory bus, it's capable of more memory bandwidth/ higher speed. Because of this, the performance difference between the 1080 and 1080ti widens at higher screen resolutions.

Most people have little trouble overclocking the GTX 1080 or 1080ti to +1900mhz, and good cards with good cooling can hit +2000mhz without much trouble. The Founder's Edition GTX 1080 has a higher clock speed compared to the GTX 1080ti F.E., but most Add-In-Board partners have cards that have higher out of the box clock speeds than what the Founder's Edition has. It's important to check the specifications of the particular card you plan to buy. I would suggest to avoid any card which uses the blower cooler be cause these cards have the lowest out of the box clock speeds and they're not very efficient at cooling the GPU.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Fulano
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Benchmarks are the easiest way to compare the cards:

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?id=3699

https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu.php?id=3502

But there are specifics, like m8xpayne listed for you.

As for the processor, it doesn't matter what GPU you have, what matters is what you're running on the system. "Bottlenecks" don't slow down parts of the computer, it's just referring to what part has the largest load.

Get a CPU that runs the games/programs you want. If you're going for long term so you don't have to upgrade for a long time, just get the latest i7 you can afford, or go i5 and upgrade it to an i7 when the i5 isn't cutting it.

• Aaron
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

Latest gen Core i7/i9, upcoming Ryzen gen 3.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

We get down every Friday night

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.