Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetFacebook · 9 months ago

News station posts image of my 11 year old daughter on Facebook and Facebook refuses to remove it!!?

My 11 year old daughter went to a public event with a friend and the news station ended up taking a photo of her and posting it public on their Facebook page and in the newspaper they interviewed my child and posted images of her with personal info without my consent. her face in the middle of the shot, her name and location.. a huge safety concern for us as out town has less than 2000 people and there’s only one school here.

We contacted the news station and explained out displeasure, they didn’t care and refused to remove the image. We’ve reported it to Facebook several times and they refuse to delete it. How can I have the image removed or at least her name/location out of there? I’m fuming, last time she goes to an event by herself.

Favorite Answer

Station neglected to get a model release from her guardian. Use of her image is not legal, especially since she is a minor. Contact an attorney or the police.

• P

If your daughter was in public they are allowed to take pictures and post of anyone in a public area. If this is really that big of a deal for you then I'm sure you would have no issue paying for an attorney to get the news station to take it down. This whole concept where people think you need some type of form signed by everyone is every news shot is simply not true when they are filming or taking pictures in public.

• Daniel

The only other thing you can do if they are Refusing to Remove it is to Call the Police they may be able to get the Job Done if the Police dont do anything about it then there is nothing else that can be Done

Now you whine after letting your daughter go there without supervision and it's everyone else's fault?

Got a mirror?