Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Theoretical question: One guy makes $50k a year and he gets a 5 percent tax cut and one guy makes $1 million a year and gets a 5 percent tax?

cut.

The guy that makes $50k pays $2,500 less in taxes.

The guy that makes $1 million pays $50,000 less.

Is that what liberals call an unfair tax cut for the "rich"?

• bil
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, liberals believe that taxes are not for raising government revenue...To the trained Democrat - Taxes are to punish the productive class so they will move elsewhere

Source(s): listen to the excellent 'Taxman' by the Beatles...The Beatles may have been commies...But not with their OWN MONEY. Let me tell you how it will be There's one for you, nineteen for me 'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman
  • 1 year ago

Well, think about it. Which person NEEDS that $2500 more? The millionaire sure doesn't.

As a millionaire, he gets much more benefit out of government than the guy making $50K, so shouldn't he pay more taxes?

• bil
      1 year agoReport

The supervisor classless has no power in America to 'decide' the needs of a free people.

• 1 year ago

We should all pay the same, regardless of income. We are all equal under law, so why are others more equal when it comes to taxes?

• 1 year ago

No. An unfair tax cut for the rich is when the rich pay 8% of their income in taxes while struggling lower-middle-class people pay 17% of their income.