John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Why do people wave Confederate flags?

I’m proud that I have an ancestor who fought for the North during the Civil War but I’d be ashamed if I descended from a racist traitor who fought for the South

• Sharon
    Favorite Answer

I quite agree. Had two ancestors in the Union army, one of whom came back disabled

Generally to show their adherence to Confederate values. Yes, a great many of those values are downright un-American.

cause theyre proud of their flag

I don't wave the Confederate flag, but my grandmother's grandfather fought for the Confederacy in the battle of Chancellorsville. And no, I am nowhere near ashamed of this fact.

Did you know that President Abraham Lincoln asked General Robert E. Lee to be supreme commander of the Union Army? General Lee turned him down, saying he could not take up arms against his home state (Virginia). I am kind of feeling the same way.

I think it is a tradition that the Democratic Party has a long, long history of doing. I don't know why anyone else would do it. But I'm sure everyone has their reasons.

Source(s): bisexual Christian

Heritage.

I have ancestors who fought for the North AND the South. I have a cannon from the Civil War as well, and I consider the Confederate flag to be a part of American history. People who disagree are not proud of their ancestors at all, they are cultural Marxists who want the West destroyed, and they openly admit it. Stop pandering, the word 'racist' was created in the Soviet Union to demonize people who sided with their cultural heritage over the collective communal entity (which is used in the context you said it).

-

"The Revolution won't happen with guns, rather it will happen incrementally, year by year, generation by generation. We will gradually infiltrate their educational institutions and their political offices, transforming them slowly into Marxist entities as we move towards universal egalitarianism"-Max Horkheimer

• abdul

The early attempts were when the nation was still a colonial entity under the flags of European nations. Not since the ratification of the constitution.

Because they love democrat flags and statues but hate democrats' guts today. I don't understand it maybe you can tell me why.

It's just a flag and a flag is just a symbol. You can denote whatever meaning you wish to a flag. Why not ask someone waving a Confederate flag what the flag means to them? You might learn something.

• Jingoist Jones

Communists do not converse with their enemies, liberalists do, communists kill them or oppress them.

more education than indoctrination maybe?