John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

Why do people wave Confederate flags?

I’m proud that I have an ancestor who fought for the North during the Civil War but I’d be ashamed if I descended from a racist traitor who fought for the South

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Sharon
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I quite agree. Had two ancestors in the Union army, one of whom came back disabled

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Generally to show their adherence to Confederate values. Yes, a great many of those values are downright un-American.

• 7 months ago

cause theyre proud of their flag

• 7 months ago

I don't wave the Confederate flag, but my grandmother's grandfather fought for the Confederacy in the battle of Chancellorsville. And no, I am nowhere near ashamed of this fact.

Did you know that President Abraham Lincoln asked General Robert E. Lee to be supreme commander of the Union Army? General Lee turned him down, saying he could not take up arms against his home state (Virginia). I am kind of feeling the same way.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

I think it is a tradition that the Democratic Party has a long, long history of doing. I don't know why anyone else would do it. But I'm sure everyone has their reasons.

Attachment image
    Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • 7 months ago

Heritage.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

I have ancestors who fought for the North AND the South. I have a cannon from the Civil War as well, and I consider the Confederate flag to be a part of American history. People who disagree are not proud of their ancestors at all, they are cultural Marxists who want the West destroyed, and they openly admit it. Stop pandering, the word 'racist' was created in the Soviet Union to demonize people who sided with their cultural heritage over the collective communal entity (which is used in the context you said it).

-

"The Revolution won't happen with guns, rather it will happen incrementally, year by year, generation by generation. We will gradually infiltrate their educational institutions and their political offices, transforming them slowly into Marxist entities as we move towards universal egalitarianism"-Max Horkheimer

Attachment image
    • abdul
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

The early attempts were when the nation was still a colonial entity under the flags of European nations. Not since the ratification of the constitution.

• 7 months ago

Because they love democrat flags and statues but hate democrats' guts today. I don't understand it maybe you can tell me why.

• 7 months ago

It's just a flag and a flag is just a symbol. You can denote whatever meaning you wish to a flag. Why not ask someone waving a Confederate flag what the flag means to them? You might learn something.

• Jingoist Jones
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

Communists do not converse with their enemies, liberalists do, communists kill them or oppress them.

• 7 months ago

more education than indoctrination maybe?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.