during heavy rain my gutter over flow, how to fix this problem?

• 1 year ago

Usually leaf litter plugging the downspout, Cleaning out the litter solves that.

Some gutters are simply inefficient in very heavy rains

• 1 year ago

Assuming the roof gutters are slightly angled towards the downpipes they should be cleaned out at least once a year, removing any leaf matter that may hinder flow or clog downpipes. If you are living in the tropics (as I did) then there really is not much you can do about it except perhaps install a few more downpipes to take the heavy steady flow. (We would have heavy rain that would not stop for many weeks on end during the Wet. Often it was a bit more than a few leaves that ended up on the roof too). If you have a tiled roof wear strong gloves so you dont skin your knuckles and check out what scoops for the purpose your hardware shops may have. I found a really useful plastic bendable type scoop in ours that works really well.

• 1 year ago

If it is clean, put a long level on it to identify the section that isn't going downhill.

• 1 year ago

gutter trough downspouts,,,clean them out,,down to the sewer tile where you ought to hear water a gushin,,rig a light painting extension looong guy pole with a ribbed scooper taped securely to the end,in 2 spots so the thing is secure,scoop out debris until the water goes schllooooooooooop & runs out

• 1 year ago

Clean it out. I have a 55ft long house with a large roof. My gutter has only one small downspout and when the gutter is clean, it can still handle a very heavy rain.

• 1 year ago

the easiest way... CLEAN IT and CLEAN THE DOWN SPOUTS

• 1 year ago

Get a ladder and a hand held garden shovel or rake.

Climb the ladder and remove all of the debris from the gutters. You may have to use your watering hose to eliminate or dislodge any obstructions in the downspout. You may also have to check the elbow at the end of the downspout for any leaf or debris obstructions.

If this is a continuing issue, you may want to invest in a gutter guard that disallows debris to enter your gutters and down spouts. I bought a cage-type object that is basically in the shape of a large light bulb. It fits into the gutter's downspout area at the roofline. It prevents debris from entering the downspout.

• 1 year ago

I routinely have all my gutters and downspouts cleaned out just before the rainy season. You should do the same. But if they continue to overflow during the downpours, you need to increase the size of you gutters and downspouts. And that's dangerous; so don't try to do that yourself.

• Tulip
    1 year ago

Clean your gutters

• 1 year ago

Every state has a law that prohibits trespassing onto private property, so the most responsible thing to do would be to call the police on the rain for entering your private property. Perhaps file a restraining order.