Why did Mohammed find it necessary to create yet another religion since he already knew about Jesus?

There were already monotheistic teachings preached previously by Adam, Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and other prophets, each adding addendums to the previous. Why didn't Mohammed just pick one of those instead of building Islam on them?

• Kin
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

The Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, did not create a religion..rather passed on the same message as Prophet Abraham, Prophet Adam, Prophet Musa, Prophet Nuh, Prophet Jesus, Prophet Yaqqub, Prophet-King Daoud {David}, Prophet-King Sulieman {Solomon}, Prophet Zachariah, Prophet Yahya {John} etc. All the messengers and Prophets of Allah were messengers, warners, bringers of good-news/glad tidings, and peace to whomever who accepts the truth of Allah and message of Allah. All the Prophets & Messengers of Allah said to worship only One God and every prophet said to their people to obey me. Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, was sent by Allah and was sent to all of mankind & jinnkind.

Allah calls out to His Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, using a title..'Ya Muddathir', 'O you who is covered in a garment'. This is amongst the first surahs that was revealed after the first revelation of Iqra.

Allah says to His Prophet, 'O My Nabi who covers himself in a cloth, come, stand up now, warn them, invite them, call them, how you must call them, how you must invite them, what you must tell them..tell them of the Greatness of Allah. Tell them of the Majesty of Allah, Tell them of the Glory of Allah, Tell them of the Bounties of Allah, Tell them of the Favors of their Allah. To Allah everything belongs to everything in the Heavens, everything in the Earth, everything between the Heavens & the Earth.' Cont.

Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, reintroduced the Oneness of Allah to people, the monotheism of Prophet Abraham, peace & blessings be upon him.

I accept my beloved Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, as my Prophet, my guide from Allah, and I thankful to my Allah who made me a follower of Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, and blessed the nation of Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him; the final nation and Allah made this beloved Prophet as my Prophet, my guide, my master and I accept happily and accept the Prophet-hood of Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him.

Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, is the messenger of Allah and the slave of Allah. Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, is slandered and lied about. Allah will deal will filthy slanderers and liars on Day of Judgement.

And if he {Muhammad} had forged a false saying concerning Us {Allah}, We surely should have seized him by his right hand {or with power and might}, And then certainly should have cut off his life artery - Quran 69:44-46, Al-Haqqah, the Reality

You should read the words of my Allah, the Most High:

"And strive for Allah with the striving due to Him. He has chosen you and has not placed upon you in the religion any difficulty. It is the religion of your father, Abraham. {Allah} has named you." - 22:78

"This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion." - 5:3

Furthermore, "Say, indeed, my prayer, my rites of sacrifice, my living, and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the Worlds." - 6:162

"No partner has He. And this I have been commanded, I am the first {among you} of the Muslims." - 6:163

My Lord is One. My beloved Prophet is One and my Allah's Holy Wise Forqan is One. My Allah is the Light of the Heavens & the Earth. Allah is Light, and the Holy Wise Forqan is light.

"So believe in Allah and His messenger and the light that We have descended." - 64:8

And Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, came with light.

"There has come to you from Allah a light and a clear book." - 5:15

A Nation whose Lord is Light, whose Holy Book is Light, and whose beloved Prophet is a Light.

I ask my beloved Master Allah to keep me firm in His religion till the day I die and till the day I am resurrected. Inshaallah, God willing.

Allah is the Light of the Heavens & the Earth. Allah is the Source of all guidance in all the Heavens & the Earth. His Guidance is Light.

My Allah calls His Holy Wise Truth Forqan a light; Allah says in His Holy Wise Quran, Allah takes mankind out of darkness and He takes them into light. So all guidance comes from Allah. Allah guides whomever He wants, Allah guides to His Light anyone whom He pleases.

Please see the rest of my answer in the comments shortly and please watch some very important, fascinating, short vids in the comments I will post.

• Kin
      1 year agoReport

And yes, my beloved..Prophet Muhammad, peace & blessings be upon him, is a messenger of Allah and no prophet, no messenger of Allah created a religion.

1 year ago

Because Mohammed hated God and His truth.

• Doug
    1 year ago

The desert has that effect on some people.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
  • Kenzie
    1 year ago

It began as a cover to explain hearing voices while in a cave and from there it snowballed. Fame, lots of women, respect - it all appealed to him.

Ever notice how he inserted his name into the most repeated phrase in Islam - "There is but one God and Mohammad is his messenger"

• Kin
      1 year agoReport

you're a filthy liar slanderer kenzie and Allah will deal with you on Day of Judgement

• Dick
    1 year ago

ALL religions are intended to enrich the hierarchy, to control the masses, and furnish them with young people for sex. This one is just like the rest.

• Kin
      1 year agoReport

You will face Allah about your lies

• 1 year ago

His religion might have fit the Arabian culture better, at least to his thinking.

• 1 year ago

Mohammed didn't "find it necessary" to do anything. He simply did as he was told.

Same as all the others. It wasn't required of them to do anything more, or less.

• 1 year ago

Ask this to the persons who created all the gods and religions.

• Sam
      1 year agoReport

I'm not that old ;) that person would be long gone

• 1 year ago

Mudhammad Cherry picked the parts of the various religions that he could use for political ends. Not so incidentally, he equated himself to the status of a god.

• Jesus was a Jew

Arabs have trouble bowing to a Jew

• January1 year agoReport

Jesus....!! if you studied history you would have known the Arab-Jewish rivalry is a pretty recent thing that started in the 20th century.