Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 12 months ago

Why is it so hard to play guitar and sing at the same time?

When I try to do both I find myself losing rythym and strumming with every word i say ..please help me to fix this. Thank you

• RJ
    Favorite Answer

It takes practice to co-ordinate your singing while you are playing your guitar at the same time.

Sing the vocal lines of the song over and over again, until you are absolutely certain that you are singing it perfectly.

Play the guitar part over and over again, until you are absolutely certain that you are playing the part perfectly.

In a segment of about 10 seconds duration, sing and play the guitar at a very, very slow tempo over and over again, until you are absolutely certain that you are playing the guitar and singing perfectly. If you find yourself unable to sing and play the guitar at the same time, then return to practicing the vocal line over and over again, until you are certain that it is perfect.

Continue with another segment of 10 seconds duration, singing and playing the guitar at a very, very slow tempo, until you're singing and playing it perfectly.

Once you've completed singing and playing the entire song at a very slow tempo, increase the tempo just a bit and continue to sing and play the song. With sufficient practice, you will be able to sing the song and play the guitar at the tempo that it was meant to be performed.

Source(s): I am a professional singer

It's called multitasking which is very difficult

Practice at slow tempo and practice, practice, practice. I've seen this question before.

your brain is most likely used to doing just one of those things at once

Cause you sound like a strangled cat in anewhaven alleyway

It's just practise. practise and MORE practise!