Should I go against my parents' back for America's got talent?

Alright- let's get one thing straight. My only talent is art, and the reason I would like to audition isn't because I want to win. My mom is absolutely gorgeous at singing, she used to be in a small local band, and she wants to record and post on Facebook and so on, but me and her mom are both on her case... show more Alright- let's get one thing straight. My only talent is art, and the reason I would like to audition isn't because I want to win.

My mom is absolutely gorgeous at singing, she used to be in a small local band, and she wants to record and post on Facebook and so on, but me and her mom are both on her case that she needs to go on AGT.

Should I audition purely to help my mom's confidence, even if it means I'll be shot down? Or should I audition behind her back so she won't keep procrastinating?