What's your perception on South Africa?

I'm a South African and I always get questions like "why are you white" and "do you live in a hut". What picture in your mind do you have when you think "South Africa"

One of the safer countries in Africa, a view supported outside of my own experience.

It literally has 0 travel warnings (check the sites), unlike most African countries.

• 1 year ago

LOL White people living in huts, of course?!?

My impression is that the country is quite varied, with cities very similar to American cities, and farms and tribal lands as well.

Really, I'm sure my view of South Africa is quite inadequate though.

1 year ago

I really don't know enough about your culture to say anything. However, I do know that your winter is around June, July and August. Being from New England, I find that rather odd.

• james
    1 year ago

going Going & soon gone. 20 years ago it was nice.

• 1 year ago

Overrun with blecks.

• Liar
    1 year ago

Politically, I expect the nation to be akin to the American South roughly forty or fifty years ago... aka. Technically a land of equals, but with the races still living with a great deal of division and hostility. But unlike the rest of the African continent, I expect there to be both whites and blacks.

Beyond that, I'd imagine the state of the nation to be a lot like any nation. Danger areas... safe areas... and McDonalds.

1 year ago

I'm from Republic of congo and yeah your country seems really nice maybe when I'm successful I'll visit (:

• 1 year ago

Hot

Poverty

Racial Tension

Boers

Great coastline

Farming

• Sal*UK
    1 year ago

Joburg - a wonderful place!