promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How do deal with homophobic bullying in school?

They use slurs and threaten me

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Kids who are different attract bullies...there's nothing you can do about that.

BUT, you can reduce how often they bother you and how badly they abuse you. The way you do that begins with realizing the bullies are coming after you because they need something (and it's not your lunch money). They need attention and adoration, and the respect and fear of others. They don't need that from YOU - they need it from your schoolmates. They are like actors who want applause more than anything. To them, applause is the giggling of their goon-like minions and the attention of all the other kids. They love the way all the others scramble to get out of their way, and try to avoid eye contact with them, just after they've demolished some victim like you.

Once you realize that, you'll start to recognize how to make their attacks on you into non-attention-getting events: You'll stop struggling. You'll stop engaging them verbally. You'll stop trying to escape or asking for help. You won't try to retaliate or make snappy comebacks. You'll just stand there, inert, while they do the inevitable. And when the bully sees he's not getting the reaction and the attention he wanted, he'll leave to find more spectacle-worthy prey. And you'll just calmly pull yourself together, without tears or distress, and get on with your day - like you'd just dropped your notebook or something.

That's how you get them to leave you alone. It takes time, and patience, and a bit of humiliation. But it works.

(Anytime you feel in real danger from one of these poor, needy monsters - or anytime they manage to really get to you, and cause you to think what they've said is true or what they've done is justified, then tell a teacher or a principal!)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Prince
    Lv 5
    11 months ago

Start beating them up. Knock the CRAP out of them.

• reme_1
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Are you out to your folks? Most important for your safety.

Talk to your teacher and school guidance counselor. Have your folks talk to the principal in very strong terms. Your safety is most important to them.

• 11 months ago

Just ignore them, unless it gets physical then I'd suggest you beat their ***. Actions speak louder than words.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Bully them for being straight, if you have their phone number get a few other phones or SIM cards and send them scary messages, stalk them and rip their mind apart. Take sneaky photos of them in public then send them to them to make them think they being followed. But most importantly don't rise to it, don't get violent or you will look unstable, you want to appear the most stable, secure and rational person in the world to the bullies and remind them how mentally unstable they are. Think about their weak points and hit a nerve with your comments. My way Is to say to people like that, look, you can do this and that, beat me up or whatever they are threatening but my bruises will heal, I'll get over it, you will be the one expelled or with a criminal record or whatever consequence they could get, and I also tell them if they are looking for a exciting dramatic reaction, they are not going to get one from me. Once they realise that their actions won't spark a reaction it will seem boring

Source(s): Become a master at mind games and manipulation, threats are all they have, inform them that there will be no reaction from you and negative consequences for them if they try. And again, bully them for being straight
  • 11 months ago

This probably won't help, but the odds are they like you 💕 and don't know how to handle it.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Report them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.