Can he cross the border with an expired DL?

My step father is coming into the United States via a bus. He has a warrant out for his arrest. Class B misdemeanor in Texas. His DL is also expired. My issue is that I want him stopped, and hope he gets detained. What are the chances that this will happen? I’ve never crossed the border via land and don’t really know if they check everyone. Please help! He is not a good person and he will probably end up coming back home looking for my mom.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Unless he's carry a valid passport he'll be pulled aside while they check his expired ID. The warrant will likely come up and he'll probably be arrested.

He needs a passport. Even a current DL will not work.

An expired DL is not considered a valid identification. They may very well find the warrant when they check on his status.

However, Texas would have to come and get him (what state do you live in now), but without a valid ID, he most likely would not be allowed entry