Robin
Lv 7
Robin asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPC · 10 months ago

my PC doesn't start up and the power button has a flashing amber light. What does this mean?

Update:

PSU failure.... thanks anyway

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago

Turn off the PC and try pressing "RESET" button. If does not work, I am sorry.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

Without knowing the computer manufacturer (or worse, you built your own)... it's hard to know what's going on or if there's a problem. Please be aware that I'm only going to do some educated speculation here.

It's likely that you're incurring a POST / BIOS ERROR. When you start up the system, you'll likely hear a series of beeps OR the light on the system (as you mentioned it) will flash a repeating pattern. This will need to be referenced by your motherboard's documentation to know what the POST CODE is & what the issue it's trying to tell you.

Please be aware that this is fairly advanced stuff, so unless you know how to build & troubleshoot a PC... you might be better off seeking professional (& sadly expensive) help to pinpoint & fix the problem.

• 10 months ago

rnaybe you should take it to a cornputer store and have thern fix it

• Tyler9 months agoReport

pearl if you don't have a constructive answer about exactly what to do
      get off this section of answers

• 10 months ago

It means there's a problem. No one here can magically tell you exactly what the problem is since you didn't mention brand, model, etc. Different manufacturers have different ways of displaying errors from blinking LEDs to beep codes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 months ago

Then how did you ask this question? TROLL!!!

• 10 months ago

Take it in to get fixed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.