alex asked in SportsMotorcycle Racing · 9 months ago

Dirt Bike For 15 Year Olds?

Hello, I want to get some kind of dirt bike and i'm 15, I live in the South West of England, here are my questions:

- How much I should spend on a bike?

-What site should I purchase one from?

- What equipment/gear I need?

-Where can I ride it?

- Can I ride it on the road (normal road not motorways or anything crazy) and if not, how could I?

Favorite Answer

Wasn't this same thing posted (erroneously) a few days ago in the cycling section?

- How much I should spend on a bike? Price will depend on the manufacturer & the size of the engine. Naturally, a 150 cc bike will cost less than a 250 cc bike.

-What site should I purchase one from? Site? As in website? Wrong! Go to an actual motorcycle dealer. You'll get a local warranty & customer service.

- What equipment/gear I need? Helmet, gloves, possibly knee & elbow pads. Don't forget a good pair of sunglasses.

-Where can I ride it? Wow...it's a Dirt Bike. You ride it off road.

- Can I ride it on the road (normal road not motorways or anything crazy) and if not, how could I? If it doesn't have a headlight, taillight & turn signals, it can not be ridden on any public road legally. You'll also be required to get a license plate for it, and a drivers license for yourself. Oooops, you're only 15. You can't get a drivers license in England until you're seventeen.

• alex9 months agoReport

Thanks for the info and wit :D

Tricycle