Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 7 months ago

Physically disabled fictional characters (cosplay)?

I'm going to a con this summer, and I want to try to make a good cosplay. The thing is, I use either one or two crutches depending on the day and I want to figure out a character who also uses a mobility aid. They can be from pretty much anything - comics, books, video games, tv shows, and so on. I'm a teenage guy, slightly shorter than average, with brown hair and green eyes if that helps, though I'll probably wear a wig and color contacts depending on the character I pick. I know I could cosplay an able-bodied character too, but I feel like there's very little disability representation and I'd like to try to signal boost what little we've got. Thanks!

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Professor X is probably the most prominent. He's the leader of the X-men and uses a wheelchair. There's also The Chief, who leads the Doom Patrol and is in wheelchair. Another is the character Grover from the Percy Jackson novels and films. He's a Satyr but when he's in his human form he uses a pair of crutches.

• 7 months ago

There are very few disabled "heroes". But, if you watch South Park's "Coon and Friends" episodes, Jimmy has his super hero persona.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.