Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 7 months ago

Any recommendations on what to do while on vacation in Boston MA?

My fiancé and I are taking a mini vacation to Boston MA July 3rd until July 6th. Any recommendations on what we can do? I know we can see a Boston Red Sox game but besides that. My mom recommended I take my fiancé to see Salem MA (been their before) but I kinda wanted to explore Boston more.

Thanks for your Recommendations

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Jerry
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Get a bus/train pass and join the bike-share program and do EVERYTHING. Walk around Harvard and see their museum of natural history. Bike along the river to MIT and see the amazing interactive (you get to play with it) science stuff. Go to the theater district and see a show, go to Chinatown, go to historical sites. And there is so much good food from so many different countries. Buy inexpensive street food and explore the delights of exotic dishes.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It depends on what you like to do. You'll be in town during the 4th of July fireworks celebrations. Seeing them on the Esplanade can be a bit of a chore since its often crowded, however. If you've got a hotel with a view they're worth checking out.

If you like history you can see the historic sites. You can walk the Freedom Trail, but a lot of it isn't that interesting (and I'm a history buff). I think the two most interesting things are Paul Revere's house and the USS Constitution. If you're willing to go out of the city a little bit then I'd highly recommend going to Old Sturbridge Village. It's a living history museum in Sturbridge, about an hour west of the city. They're a great museum which recreates a New England village of the 1830s. You can also go to Plymoth Plantation, south of the city which recreates the 17th century Plymoth settlement.

In the city I'd recommend going to the Museum of Fine Arts. It's a world class art museum located right in Boston, near Northeastern University. They've got a lot of great art, including some fantastic 18th and 19th century paintings in their American wing, such as Gilbert Stuart's famous portrait of George Washington and John Singer Sargeant's innovative portrait "The Daughters of Edward Darley Boit".

• 7 months ago

July 4th, the big thing to do in Boston is go see the Boston Pops at "The Esplanade". It's one of, if not the most spectacular fireworks displays in the country, choreographed to the music performed by the Pops. There are always some top name entertainers performing too. http://bostonpopsjuly4th.org/

The freedom trail is a good recommendation - https://www.thefreedomtrail.org/

A Red Sox game at Fenway Park is likely on your fiance's bucket list, so I'd be sure to do that if possible. Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium and Wrigley Field are the big three stadiums that every baseball fan should visit at least once.

You can go to Boston Common, shop on Newbury Street. Spend an evening in the North End.

Salem, MA would, in my opinion, be sort of oh-hum during July. The best time to visit Salem, MA would be October when all the haunted happenings stuff is in high gear.

• 7 months ago

Some of the historical stuff related to the American Revolution. Start at Boston Common and walk the freedom trail.

The science museum

The aquarium

Harvard and MIT

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.