Hiring managers: What are your favorite questions to ask in an interview?

Favorite Answer

I was hired as a replacement manager and interviewed 9 people that were staying on. I asked them, “What was their biggest mistake working here”? I was seeking honesty. Very productive.

If I was to ask you to come in to work on your day off, would you do it?

Are you flexible with your working hours?

Do you smoke?

• Murzy

what can you do to make our company more successful, why do you want to work here, tell me about a problem you solved on your last job

I like to see if I can hang people up with simple math questions. If you struggle with basic addition or multiplication...I doubt your overall intelligence.

I'm not giving people two 3-digit numbers and expecting them to multiply in their head (though they could), I'm talking about BASIC stuff here...just to see how sharp they can be.

Not everyone needs to be witty though, I can pay less to the people who aren't able to answer those questions and assign them to more menial tasks.

I get that some people aren't good at math...which to me is absolutely insane...I don't care if you have a reason you cannot do math...

How many shoes do your bring to work everyday?

Do you need to sit once every 5 hours?

Will you need to use your cell phone during your shift?

Why do you want to work?