promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
John asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 11 months ago

Why has Israel never once fought besides America in a war despite all the money and support they get?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Here is another one.

The US gives Israel about $4 billion a year in military and other aid.

Israel has a government health care system in which abortions are legal.

So how do conservatives feel about the US helping to fund Israeli abortions?

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Robert
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Hello John,

Although contributors choose to ask about United States Aid to Israel, a sizable amount also goes to Egypt and even more to Afghanistan, yet as the reader can see the Asker chose to ask this question about Israel, rather than for example Afghanistan !

Afghanistan receives the most U.S. military aid:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-21/here-are-th...

Please see the following for further information and I would suggest the reader scroll down to the heading: “U.S. security assistance, by country”:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/whic...

The reader may also be interested in the following:

- - - - Start of extract: - - - -

“Under the current agreement, Israel can spend 26 percent of that money on military equipment produced in Israel, but the new deal, which starts in 2019, gradually phases out that stipulation. Then, like every other country, Israel will have to spend all the assistance money on American defense contractors. In other words, U.S. foreign military financing is essentially a way of subsidizing its domestic defense industry while strengthening the military capabilities of its strategic allies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/whic...

- - - - End of extract - - - -

I hope this helps.

Robert.

• 11 months ago

Because they put their questions in the wrong category on Yahoo Answers

• 11 months ago

Good question. Most wars we fought were in Arab lands so we avoided them like the plague as it would not have been good to use their military on Arab lands. If Trump decides to bomb Iran, than that is a different story as whats left of Israel will have to fight back with us. I am for supporting the people of Israel but not the Criminal Netanyahu, he needs a jail cell like Trump. Americans should understand that most of the people of Iran love the US just as much as the Israelis do. It is their government that hates us. I went to Tehran in the 60's and 70's selling jewelry for my fathers business....and it was a modern place and the people were friendly and liked Americans. In fact I have been to Tel Aviv many times and I'd say the Iranians were in general much more friendly to Americans back than. Times change but I really do not think most Iranians hate Americans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Generally, we have asked them not to fight on our side for Middle East wars that we engage in, because of the negative impact that their presence would have.

We are somewhat paying for them not to help us and to stay the hell out when we ask them to, because they could enter the fray and screw it up even more, if they did not fear us pulling back our funding.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

Israel has existed as a nation only since the late 1940s, and it's all that tiny country with its tiny military can do to defend itself.

It was strongly felt -- by the US and other western nations -- that Israel should stay out of the Gulf wars for various reasons. But you may be sure that Israel provides plenty of intelligence to the US. They have one of the best intelligence services in the world.

• Stuart
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

Because that would piss off saudi arabia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.