Trying to find a movie about a dog that took place in the 1990s or 2000s?

So there was this movie I watched a few years ago, I believe on Netflix. I can t find it anywhere online through googling. In the movie there s a kid and his dog and I believe either the kid gets taken by some people and the dog follows or it s the other way around. I remember that in one scene the couple makes... show more So there was this movie I watched a few years ago, I believe on Netflix. I can t find it anywhere online through googling. In the movie there s a kid and his dog and I believe either the kid gets taken by some people and the dog follows or it s the other way around.

I remember that in one scene the couple makes the kid get out to buy them cigarettes and then leaves without him. In the end of the movie they re in a warehouse(?) and the kid gets put in a box(?) and the lady says she s sending him to Mexico. The dog saves the kid but is presumed dead until the authorities move a bunch of boxes and find out he was just playing dead.

Please help, it was a terrible movie but I can t get it off my mind! Asked before on Reddit but never recieved an answer, always think about this movie when I m sick (guess I watched it originally while sick?)
1 answer 1