In meditation im finding its not about how many hours you put into it but rather how skillful you are at it?

I thought you had to practice a long time to maintain it etc once you had it but im getting to the point soon where I can just do it easily whenever I like and no long time is needed, I just can get a small boost here and there as I need it and generally let go all the time Some people seem to think u have to do... show more I thought you had to practice a long time to maintain it etc once you had it but im getting to the point soon where I can just do it easily whenever I like and no long time is needed, I just can get a small boost here and there as I need it and generally let go all the time

Some people seem to think u have to do loads everyday to get and then keep it but I fond that u have to do loads to get skillful but then maintaining it is easy once you can do it reliably

Whats the truth?