No fault car accident problem?

Had an accident a month ago where an 80 yr old woman wanted to change her lane into my lane and did not look to her side so she slammed her right front bumper into my door on the freeway during rush hour and then she further scratched my car from the door until the very front left side bumper as she continued to... show more Had an accident a month ago where an 80 yr old woman wanted to change her lane into my lane and did not look to her side so she slammed her right front bumper into my door on the freeway during rush hour and then she further scratched my car from the door until the very front left side bumper as she continued to push her way through my lane and eventually ended up in front of me. You would think she would have stopped once she hit my door but i think she got confused and further pushed herself through my lane. She took fault when she called her insurance, my car sustained $5664 damage and i also went to the urgent care and currently seeing a chiro. She offered my on the spot $4K so that I wont call the insurance, but I refused & my car is fixed now. She told me on the spot that she is afraid that they will revoke her license if I report the accident so I don t know why she would think that and offer my $4K? I have an attorney and he told me today that the claim just got transferred to the special investigative unit (her insurance). What could be the reason? Im honestly surprised and not sure what to make of this.
17 answers 17