Carol asked in PetsDogs · 1 year ago

My dog won't open her right eye help!?https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080618111138AAJNOpY?

I'm very concerned and scared..

My dog is 2 years old (Maltese)

Yes, My mom gave her a bath but her right eye was completely shut. My mom putted eyedrops (Not for dogs) but her right eye were half way open.

1) My sister said I should take it to the vet or wait for weeks to heal

2) My roommate said just wait for tomorrow or the next day if her eye is working

I mean should I take my dog to the vet or wait till her right eye heals in the next day or the following day

• 1 year ago

Get the dog to a vet. Waiting is good way for it to loose the eye. Certain Human eye drops can be very bad for dogs. Eye removal is looming, get her in ASAP. Good Luck!

• 1 year ago

lik the eyebal

OR UR DOG WILL DIE

Source(s): im a vet
  • 1 year ago

then take it to see a vet

• When it comes to eyes, you never wait. Things can get bad quickly. Take your dog to the vet ASAP even if it means going to an emergency vet.

Hopefully the drops your mother put in were just saline...

• Sandra
    1 year ago

You should absolutely go to the vet today.

It sounds like your dog has an eye infection, or even neurological symptoms. It is very important to get in soon either way.

Sure, sometimes eye infections heal on their own, but they also can destroy the eye or spread even. I've seen animals lose any eye because their owner decided to wait and see too long. So just get her into the vet, and they'll give you some meds, and she won't have to be in pain anymore, and it'll heal it right up hopefully!

• Maxi
    1 year ago

.............and what do you think? Its your dog who has an eye injury, vet is trained to know what it is and treat is correctly or wait and see if your dog loses her eye as an infection has set in, because you left it, waited, put eye drops in?

• 1 year ago

I'm not sure what that link is to as it doesn't seem to relate to this question however, for the dogs eye

VETS TODAY and never leave it and never put drops in a dog eye that are not even for dogs. Their eyes are not the same as humans.

• PAMELA
    1 year ago

Vet, now!

• 1 year ago

Human eyedrops can cause BLINDNESS in dogs and cats and should NEVER be used. WTF???

Of COURSE this dog needs a vet.

Your question doesn't make any sense. Why is your mother washing your dog if you live elsewhere with a roommate??? Are you just a lying TROLL posting a fake question?

1 year ago

As long as the dog isn't scratching at it you can wait until tomorrow.