Ball python suddenly aggressive and won t stop thrashing?

So Ive has this ball python for about 9 years and he s going into shed right now. I reached into his cage because he had soiled a decoration in his terrarium, and he cane speeding over to the other side of the cage that my hand was on and started hissing and striking at my hand. I quickly shut and locked the... show more So Ive has this ball python for about 9 years and he s going into shed right now. I reached into his cage because he had soiled a decoration in his terrarium, and he cane speeding over to the other side of the cage that my hand was on and started hissing and striking at my hand. I quickly shut and locked the terrarium and backed up a bit and he soon started thrashing and flipping around the cage and becoming very aggressive towards me. He absolutely destroyed his cage by throwing bedding and water everywhere It startled me a little bit because he s NEVER been even remotely aggressive towards me or anyone i know. The only accident i ve ever had with him was about five years ago when he struck my hand instead of the mouse, which isn t a big deal His terrarium is pretty large, he has adequate heating, is there anything I m doing wrong or was it just a freak accident?
2 answers 2